Maintenance Officer Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, the Maintenance Officer will ensure that ZML equipment is maintained effectively and maintenance processes are observed. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- · Providing daily reports to the Maintenance Coordinator on the status of equipment by liaising with the Port Engineer, Captains and Chief Engineers.
- · Liaising with workers and checking in on the prompt repairs and maintenance of vessels and equipment.
- · Ensuring that preventive maintenance cycles are observed by the personnel on board.
- · Communicating maintenance requests and reports daily from the vessels to the Maintenance Coordinator and actively working towards solving them.
- · Maintaining an inventory record of equipment (vessels, fenders, hoses) and scheduling maintenance and repair periods.
- · Obtaining timely certifications of equipment and keeping inventory of validity dates and exercises.
- · Inspecting equipment routinely with the Port Engineer to ensure availability and functionality for operations.
- · Monitoring contractors to ensure that maintenance work is being performed effectively and promptly.
- · Supporting and initiating enhanced maintenance systems and procedures and policies to improve the organization’s equipment.
- · Following up on operational activities and updates to ensure coherence between the operations and maintenance team.
- · Following up on ongoing maintenance activities.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- · Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- · Must have a minimum of two (2) years relevant, practical experience in Operations and Maintenance in the Marine Logistics industry.
- · Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills
- · Strong report writing skills.
Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the BDM will work as part of the team to achieve the Business Development targets by identifying areas for business opportunities, securing profitable contracts as well as managing valuable business relationships in his/her assigned sector.Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following: • Identifying business opportunities with potential and existing clients. • Identifying bid opportunities and respond to RFPs from clients. • Managing IOCs and NOCs online portal for bidding & contracting. • Attending to clients’ enquiries and not limited to vessel and equipment requests • Ensuring up to date company registrations with relevant regulatory bodies. • Ensuring all company licenses/permits and certificates are valid and up-to-date. • Managing vendor registrations with potential and existing clients. • Researching and studying clients’ marine assets and requirements. • Keeping up with industry trends and new practices. • Managing relationship with existing clients. • Attending relevant conferences and exhibitions. • Other duties as assigned.
Finance and Administration
Level: Manager Reporting to the MD/CEO, the Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction in the execution of financial activities within the company.Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following: • Develop the Company’s financial strategy and ensure that it aligns with the Company’s overall strategy. • Develop the Company’s corporate budget; include effective allocation and utilization of financial resources in line with business objectives. • Develop and implement procedures and controls to ensure that the company’s funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost. • Manage the company’s capital expenditure and working capital to ensure that there is sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and banking obligations. • Prepare monthly financial reports to the MD/CE and ensure timely generation of reports. • Serve as a technical resource for the company on issues relating to the interpretation of accounting, tax and other regulatory matters. • Develop and maintain strategic relationships with banks and financial institutions. • Develop and implement finance and accounting policies, processes and procedures in line with leading practices. • Establish an effective internal control system within the Company. • Liaise with vendors on all office related purchases and activities. • Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the finance and administration functions, including planning and budgeting, and provide guidance to subordinates. • Review the Finance and Administration departments’ activities and make recommendations for improvement in line with leading practices to the MD/CEO. • Other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related discipline. • Chartered Accountant in any of the professional accountancy certifications. • Seven (7) years relevant experience, four (4) of which must be in management position. • Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including in-depth understanding of finance best practices, international and Nigerian financial and accounting reporting standards. • Strong MS Excel – essential. • Knowledge of the oil and gas industry. • Ability to think strategically. • High sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards. • Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions. • Ability to communicate well as part of a team and work cooperatively with other teams.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. So if you think you have what it takes to be part of the Zircon Marine team, send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com.